mercredi 24 juillet 2013

Today I lost My Best Friend

It started out like any ordinary day. But today I lost my best friend. Over a girl.

When he found out my plans, he told me that I had 6 hours or else. I could either have her or him, not both.

I didn't take him seriously, so I asked him why. Why do you make such a choice like this? Why are you forcing me to choose between you and her.

She meant nothing to me. I just took her to dinner. He is my best friend. And I kind of knew that he loved her. We didn't know each other until November of 2012. I was walking around carrying a bunch of boxes, and he offered to help me as I left the train. We started speaking about politics, and some how, found out we are very much alike.

I remember, we would meet for lunch at a classic old diner in Manhattan. He would order French fries, a big plate. He would always tell me that McDo had better fries. So I always suggested that we go over to McDo instead, but he explained to me "In New York, we go to diners. McDo is for tourists here"

When it all blew up. I couldn't think of anything like that. All I thought of was how unreasonable my best friend was being. How can taking a dame to dinner be worth an entire friendship to him?

So he told me -- I will climb up to the 99th floor of Time Square. And Then. I will jump and kill myself.

I didn't know what to say. I didn't know what to do. I thought h was just bluffing. But I couldn't have been more wrong. Moments passed and his facebook deactivated. I decided it wasn't worth it to text him. It wasn't worth it to call or anything like that.

And next thing I know, I put on Al-Jazeera. A man went "Allah hu Akbar" at 7:33pm, falling 99 stories into the street below Time Square.

I believe in angels. I believe he will be back. I just hope he can forgive me. Can I even forgive myself?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire